STEVE DIAMOND DO MBA
His multifaceted and interdisciplinary experience in clinical medicine, including specialties such as pathology, physiology, hematology and telemedicine, combined with his in-depth knowledge of business development and leadership expertise, brings important depth to the ISMC board and corporate executive as it pursues its mission.
He is a board certified licensed physician, a medical examiner, forensic pathologist and medical entrepreneur. Steve currently serves as a senior executive for various medical and research organizations. He is Director of Laboratories at Hunterdon Medical Center in Flemington, NJ, Medical Director at LabCorp National Clinical Trials Laboratory and Tandem Laboratories, and Associate Director, Miller-Keystone Memorial Blood Bank. In addition, Steve is the Medical Examiner for Hunterdon County in New Jersey, USA.
Steve received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) from Mid-Western University, Chicago, IL and completed residency training in pathology at the University of Wisconsin, Philadelphia Naval Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University. He is board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Hematopathology, and by the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators.
Steve received his MBA from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. His business experience includes:
- Developer and general partner of a physician-owned MRI center involving limited partners who were neurologists, neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons at Muhlenberg Hospital, Bethlehem, PA;
- CEO, Medinfocare –a medical software company that provided medical triage information. The company was a Ben Franklin Technology Grant awardee;
- CEO, MyTravelMate –a portable synoptic medical chart with travel emergency call capability. Dr. Diamond holds the patent for this technology;
- Lead developer, Telepathology with a national pathology laboratory to export pathology slides to a foreign venue; and
- Co-founder and Board Member, EP Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focusing on cancer treatment.
As a past member of the Management Resource Committee of the College of American Pathologists, Steve developed the Virtual Business College for pathologists. He also taught graduate courses in the Business of Medicine at Lehigh University’s College of Business. He is a member of the College of American Pathologists, American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators and the Medical Society of Pennsylvania.